Lagn Sahay Yojana Gujarat | Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana | E – Samaj Kalyan Gujarat Online Form | Samaj Suraxa Yojana | Lagn Sahay Yojana Details
Purpose of Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Gandhinagar has implemented ‘Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana’ to provide financial assistance for marriage to persons from Divyang to Divyang and Divyang to common persons. The ‘Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana’ has been implemented to enable the disabled to live a dignified life in society. Now all you have to do is apply online from the E – Samaj Kalyan Portal.
Eligibility for Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana
Many departments operate under the Government of Gujarat Social Justice & Empowerment Department. In which various government schemes are run by the Director of Social Security. The following are the eligibility criteria for Divyang Marriage Assistance.
- Must have a Divyang identity card.
- The girl should be above 18 years of age and the boy should be above 21 years of age.
- The benefit of the Divyang Marriage Assistance Scheme will be available only once (per couple).
- In this scheme, the application has to be made within a period of two years from the date of marriage.
Types of Divyang
The benefit of Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana will be given to persons with 21 types of disability and the percentage of disability. Which are as follows.
|Order||Type of Divyang||Percentage of Divyang|
|1||Blindness||40 Percent or More|
|2||Muscular dystrophy due to genetic causes||40 Percent or More|
|3||Low Vision||40 Percent or More|
|4||Leprosy Cured Person||40 Percent or More|
|5||Acid Attack Victim||40 Percent or More|
|6||Locomotors Disability||40 Percent or More|
|7||Cerebral Palsy||40 Percent or More|
|8||Dwarfism||40 Percent or More|
|9||Multiple Sclerosis – Multiple Sclerosis||40 Percent or More|
|10||Chronic Neurological Condition||50 Percent or More|
|11||Common Injury Fatal Bleeding (Hemophilia)||50 Percent or More|
|12||Trembling muscular stiffness (Parkinson’s Disease)||50 Percent or More|
|13||Intellectual Disability||50 Percent or More|
|14||Decreased hemoglobin (Thalassemia)||50 Percent or More|
|15||Chronic Anemia (Sickle Cell Disease)||50 Percent or More|
|16||Mental Illness||50 Percent or More|
|17||Specific Learning Disabilities||50 Percent or More|
|18||Speech and Language Disability||50 Percent or More|
|19||Autism Spectrum Disorder||50 Percent or More|
|20||Multiple Disabilities||50 Percent or More|
|21||Hearing Impairment||70 to 100 Percent|
Amount of Assistance Under Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana
- Under this Marriage Assistance Scheme, when a Divyang to Divyang person marries each other, both the persons of the couple are entitled to a grant of Rs. 50,000 (fifty thousand) + Rs. 50,000 (fifty) in total.
- The assistance of Rs. 50,000 (fifty thousand) is given to a disabled person in case of marriage between a disabled person and an ordinary person.
Document for Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana
- Xerox of Disability Identity Card and Certified Copy of Disability Certificate of Civil Surgeon (Unique Disability ID)
- Copy of couple’s school leaving certificate (LC)
- Certified copy of ration card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of election card
- Copy of bank passbook
- Joint wedding photos of both / Wedding Kankotri
- A copy of the registration certificate registered in the office of the Registrar of Marriages
Where to apply for Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana?
Apply online through the E-Social Welfare Portal (https://esamajkalyan.gujarat.gov.in/index.aspx) by the Social Justice & Empowerment Department (SJED) of the Government of Gujarat. The District Social Security Officer will have the power to verify the applications for Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana and approve the assistance and for more information contact the District Social Security Officer at the district headquarters.
Important things about Divyang Lagn Sahay Yojana
Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana Beneficiary If in case of marriage of a person residing in two different districts, the couple has to apply for the benefit of Divyang Lagna Sahay Yojana in the permanently residing district of Divyang couple after marriage. The District Social Security Officer of the district approving the application will have to inform the District Social Security Officer of the other district that the application has been approved.
In case the disabled applicant marries a disabled woman from another state, the benefit of this scheme will be available to both the disabled spouses by presenting the prescribed proof.
In case the disabled applicant marries a disabled woman from another state, the District Social Security Officer will have to obtain a guarantee from the applicant woman that the female beneficiary has not received disability marriage assistance from her state.